Quotes

Naj's all-time favourite book quotes


"The problem with people is they forget that most of the time it’s the small things that count. Everyone’s so busy waiting in the Waiting Place."— Jennifer Niven

Words of wisdom

"A 22-year-old who's obsessed with books. She reads, A LOT, watch movies and tv, and oh she blogs too. Sorry for the hiccups here and there. Hope there are enough bubbles to make it up. "

Friday 3 June 2016

Me Before You // Movie Review


So I went to watch Me Before You today, in between my packed schedule of study week, I just had to go because I can't stand just locking myself in my room studying all day. God, it was SO good. Not like, 'OMG-SO-GOOD-I-CANT-EVEN' good but it's quite decent in my opinion. The thing about reading the book first before watching the movie is that it influenced my views towards the movie itself. It makes me compare and complain what is there and what's not. Which is kinda biased (?) - idk. So here goes.

So the story is basically about Louisa Clark who is a 26-year-old girl - or is it woman - who worked as a caretaker of Will Traynor, a quadriplegic. If you don't know what a quadriplegic is, it is a person who are paralyzed both arms and legs and sometimes, the whole body, except for the head. That's it I think? God sorry, I'm so bad at summarising.

I rated the movie a 4/5 stars. I had minor problems with it. One, I wasn't really attached to the characters as much. The character development was too rushed, also their relationship too, in my opinion. But I think I can't complain that much because well, it's a movie anyway. 2 hours and you're out of time. I thought it was kinda dull at some point because the ending and all didn't make me cry as it did me when I read the book. I was a sobbing mess back then when I read the book, I couldn't move on. I was in a really bad book hangover. I'm not even kidding. But this time- the movie- well, I did like, shed a tear or two but then, that's it. I came out of the cinema kinda frustrated because of because I wanted to cry. I really want to cry watching the movie, I really want to sob and came out of the cinema looking as ugly as ever after crying yknow what I mean? But unfortunately I didn't. I thought I was being heartless and then I asked my friends who came along with me whether it was sad, and they also said, "Nope, The Fault in Our Stars was sadder." I couldn't help but to agree.

BUT- but, other than that OMG IT WAS REALLY REALLY GOOD. Okay let's just go one by one here.

The story and plotline was unexpectedly great. I didn't expect for it to have so many scenes which was in the book and had them to be in the movie. And I love how I still remember all of them. Plus, it was really funny. The theatre hall basically erupted with laughter every few minutes, really. The cast for the characters were so on-point. Emilia Clarke nailed Louisa Clark. She was the perfect Louisa. And Sam Claflin made the perfect Will Traynor. God I love him so much. Matthew Lewis as Patrick? LOVE IT.

Oh, please can we talk about how Louisa and Will's witty arguments and banters are GOLD. OMG THEY ARE AMAZINGLY HILARIOUS. I love how their relationship didn't turn out instantly into a love story. The development of the relationship was great. I got myself smiling all the time when they were getting along together GAH THEY'RE JUST SO CUTE. But I was so pissed off that the cinema cut the kissing scenes. WHAT EVEN. Like, at one second I was squealing they were gonna kiss and then poof they cut it and I have no idea what the hell happened. It's not like they were making out sexually or anything. We need them feels omg.

And the freaking soundtracks!!!!!!! PERFECTION. It just make the movie a whole lot better.

Man, I don't know what to say anymore. JUST GO WATCH IT. It was a really good movie. If  you haven't watched it, what the hell are you waiting for? Go get the next ticket available. If you have doubts, please don't. It won't disappoint you, I swear.

#LiveBoldly
-naj



2 comments:

  1. OMG YES THE SOUNDTRACKS ARE PERFECTION!!!! I haven't watched the movie. Still having the book hangover. Boooo :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW RIGHT!! Awww did you like the book better or the movie?

      Delete

Whisper here, I won't tell