Quotes

Naj's all-time favourite book quotes


"The problem with people is they forget that most of the time it’s the small things that count. Everyone’s so busy waiting in the Waiting Place."— Jennifer Niven

Words of wisdom

"A 22-year-old who's obsessed with books. She reads, A LOT, watch movies and tv, and oh she blogs too. Sorry for the hiccups here and there. Hope there are enough bubbles to make it up. "

Saturday 17 November 2018

on death

you know i don't blog often, right? when i do, there's a high chance that i have unspoken thoughts, thoughts i don't think anyone would wanna hear or listen to. thoughts i would most of the time, scared to voice out, in which i rather keep to myself. this is one of those thoughts.

you know i caught myself mild dengue fever last week. i practically bragged about it on twitter. i've never felt that weak or shitty in my whole life. i still feel weak now, but not as much, alhamdulillah. i was in bed all the time since last week, and somehow with so many hours in bed, (minus the sleep) i've been thinking about a lot of things. i think about my problems, my family, my studies, my unfinished assignments, my potential boyfriend (i think about him a lot, maybe i'll talk about him later in a separate post) but mostly, i think about death. it's not what you're thinking. i don't think about death the way  some other people might think about death; like suicide. i'm actually really grateful for the fact i never think about taking my own life but i feel like it's so rare for myself to think about death, in general, as much as i wanted to make myself think about it a lot for reflection, somehow i just cant bring myself to think about something so depressing.

but i find myself thinking about it now, at my most vulnerable state. at the state where i think i will never get better. i think about how death is inevitable and that i will face it whether i like it or not. i could actually die right now. right at this second, so painful and i just get really REALLY scared you have no idea. i would break down and cry just thinking about facing my own death day and how i wasnt ever ready for it, i've done so many bad things, im scared of God. it just gets overwhelming in my head, and i really really didn't like how i felt when i think about it. but i can't run from it, even now, the thought comes back. why did you think i had the urge to write about this? because i am thinking about death right now and i am shitless scared. is that depressing? i don't think it is. i don't know. people get depressed and then they think about dying, but im depressed because i think about dying. you know? i don't know, i hope im making sense.

i just wanna die good, God. amin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whisper here, I won't tell