Quotes

Naj's all-time favourite book quotes


"The problem with people is they forget that most of the time it’s the small things that count. Everyone’s so busy waiting in the Waiting Place."— Jennifer Niven

Words of wisdom

"A 22-year-old who's obsessed with books. She reads, A LOT, watch movies and tv, and oh she blogs too. Sorry for the hiccups here and there. Hope there are enough bubbles to make it up. "

Monday 22 February 2016

Nineteen

//long overdue post it was on my draft for quite awhile so sorry!

Thank you to those who wished me a happy birthday I am so sorry I can't get back to you personally, I've been busy with college and real life. But I appreciate each and everyone of it. Really.

So I have officially reached the last teen year of my life. The last year I'll be saying I'm a teen. I don't know if I am happy to be 19. To be honest, I really am not. People be like, "You're an adult now." "You can watch and do 18+ stuff." Dude what's that supposed to mean? It's just that I can't get over the fact that the first digit of my age will soon increase to 2. I don't want to answer "20" when people ask me how old I am. It makes me feel old. And it's weird. But what can I do. I am afraid. Afraid of aging. Afraid of growing up. Afraid that I have to shoulder so much responsibilities, do so many things in life and think of everything all by my own where I really can't. People said, "As you grow up and age, you'll be much more mature." when right now, I'm not even close to mature. I can't cook, I don't know how to be independent, I always rely on other people, I'm gullible, naive and just plain childish. Age has nothing to do with maturity. But my maturity comes and increases as I live my 19 years through learning and experiencing life. From kindergarten to primary school to high school, college and now university. I realized, I now, can make my own decisions wisely. I can think more positively towards people and today, I see the world in a different perspective than I see yesterday. It's all in a matter of age, time and experience I went through these 19 years. Besides having to stand by my own and experience this world alone, I have lots of people that played the biggest role in my life for me to achieve up to this point today, my family, friends and people I met along the way. Thank you. For existing in my life and making this journey a wonderful one.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Whisper here, I won't tell