Quotes

Naj's all-time favourite book quotes


"The problem with people is they forget that most of the time it’s the small things that count. Everyone’s so busy waiting in the Waiting Place."— Jennifer Niven

Words of wisdom

"A 22-year-old who's obsessed with books. She reads, A LOT, watch movies and tv, and oh she blogs too. Sorry for the hiccups here and there. Hope there are enough bubbles to make it up. "

Saturday 26 July 2014

So I write

I can't believe that I've been writing for NST's Niexter for more than a year now. Time flies fast and I didn't even realize that. It was a great opportunity to write for nst, and for the first time I feel that my writings are appreciated.

It all started when my tuition buddy, Chow Shenn Kuan offered me to write for her issue of Niexter. She asked me whether I wanted to write for the merdeka issue and I, without a doubt, accepted her offer. That was the first time I know Niexter. Soon after that, I become interested to write more and more so I decided to contact Niexter and asked them how can I apply to be a writer and shockingly, they replied my message saying I should give them my details. Alhamdulillah, my application got accepted and I was officially a writer.

Starting from that day, I keep on typing random essays and stuff on my computer, exploding my thoughts up into paper and editting it up before emailing them to niexter. And one day, I went to the grocery store and grab a NST newspaper. I quickly flip up the pages to niexter and school times and guess what?

MY ARTICLE GOT PUBLISHED. ON NEWSPAPER. NEW STRAITS TIME NEWSPAPER.

How would you react if your article got published in the national paper? Yeah, FREAK OUT BIG TIME.

]After a few months with Niexter, I got pretty close to some of the writers of Niexter, some of them are seniors of Niexter and I got offered to team up with them in some of the issue. I keep on writing and keeping up with Niexter and my articles alhamdulillah got published more and more. I was on top of the world when I write and not mentioning the extraordinary feeling seeing it published on newspaper. 

Soon after, I received an email from on of the coordinators of NST and it happened to be an offer letter for me to become an editor for the next issue of Niexter, Raya Issue. I swear, I could've fainted, and I got a mini heart attack tbh. I was grinning from ear to ear, my heart's beating 1000km/h as I read the whole letter. I accepted the offer without thinking more and they replied to my acceptance with an issue planner. I was determined to make the issue a success and picked out my teammates. My teammates were awesome, they were so helpful and cooperative, THANKS YOU GUYS. On the first day of Hari Raya, I rushed to the store and picked up Niexter and my issue was there. All printed out physically on national newspaper and the feeling when I see my face and name as the editor was indescribable.

Up until now, alhamdulillah I still keep up with Niexter and I still write for them at times but not as much as I was before. But every offer from them, insyaALLAH, I'll accept with open arms. So, I wanted to thank all the people that had been with me along the way with Niexter. Chow Shenn Kuan, especially. THANK YOU! Without you guys, I will never be who am I today. 

Here are some of the articles and surveys I've contributed, there's a lot more but they didn't have the online version so I can't save them. Anyways, enjoy! 

MY RAYA ISSUE : http://niexus.nst.com.my/modules/niexter/peninsular/?title=Raya%20Issue%20August%208,%202013&id=173&keys=


Editor's diary of Raya Issue :D












The next issue of Niexter for the next few months insyaALLAH you will see me as the editor once again and I hope that you guys can show support and read it. Thank youuuuu!

So I guess that's it. Mind me if I post too much, excited dapat wifi rumah hahahahaha

-Najwa over and out

Jannah is our forever and final destination, insyaALLAH amiin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whisper here, I won't tell